Saturday, June 13, 2015

Tour For Kids July 2015

It’s that time again! I have been trying to squeeze in bike rides whenever I can, in between kids end of year activities. This will be my second year riding the Tour for Kids Alberta. It was an AMAZING experience last year.

Last year was quite the adventure for my first ride. It was a sad and scary sight to see forest fires burning. Days before the ride, trees and grass had burned right up to the highway we were on. We rode past a bear on the side of the road. David Thompson Resort is a great place to stay, the area is so beautiful. We also get to stay at Camp Kindle, it is a truly special place.

I was honored to spend three days riding with the most amazing people. It was amazing to know that I was taking on this challenge for not only Liam, but other kids and families who have been impacted by childhood cancer.

I am doing the ride for so many reasons. The main reason is because I want to do a small part for childhood cancer. 100% of your donations go to childhood cancer, including Kids Cancer Care and Camp Kindle. Kids Cancer Care and Camp Kindle have been there for us through Liam’s journey and since. Kids Cancer Care puts on events that allow our family to spend wonderful days together and meet other families going through treatment or have in the past. Liam has gone to camp the last two years, and Madison attended with him last year. It's a special camp for our kids to share with kids who have gone through the same experiences with cancer.

Liam has unique challenges that are a result of having a brain tumor, going through surgery, chemotherapy and radiation. It is a challenge for him to keep up with other kids. We are so fortunate that Kids Cancer Care provides him with the support he needs so that he can have fun with other kids.

The Tour for Kids was a physically and emotionally challenging experience for me. But the ride was nothing compared to what Liam endured through his treatment.

Please support me as I take on this crazy three day cycling adventure for the second year!

Thank you all!


Photos from 2014


  Map of the ride:


note: I will be riding the 100 KM routes! 

http://www.tourforkids.com/alberta/

0 comments:

Post a Comment